top of page
  • jetnelson

Solicitor or Conveyancer?

Updated: May 3, 2022

When selling or buying property, you need the services of a conveyancer or solicitor, though which one should you use? Here is a very quick difference of the two.


Generally used for straightforward property transactions. They will prepare all the necessary documents ensuring the correct legal compliance so that the property can be transferred from one party to another. Usually a good option for a cost effective transaction that is low in complexity or risk.


Will do the same as a conveyancer through has greater knowledge of all the possible legal aspects of the contract of sale and can help guide you should any issues arise that may require the correct legal process. They are fully qualified lawyers and can handle the more complex and or risky property transactions which is reflected in their fees.

Contract of Sale

Either your conveyancer or solicitor will prepare this for you. This is the official document that contains key information such as ownership details, lot number, land size, inclusions, and certificates from various council and government bodies. If selling a strata-titled property, the by-laws will also be included.


So that's a very quick overview of the difference.

Get in contact if you would like more information or to discuss your how to move forward with your presale renovation.

18 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


Rated 0 out of 5 stars.
No ratings yet

Add a rating
bottom of page